Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A While

Well, I have not been blogging for a few weeks, mostly because this whirlwind I call a life has had me quite swept up the last few weeks.

I LOVE VBS so this year...you guessed it, I was in charge. It has gone great. We don't do your traditional week long VBS at our church. We do Vacation Bible Sundays and for every Sunday in the month of July we have a different night of VBS. It works great, everyone comes back, week after week refreshed and ready to worship God.

So although, I was in charge of VBS, I could not have done it with out the help and support of some very awesome  people. First of all my parents, they support me in my endeavors continuously. I don't think I have ever thought "I can't " because my parents always told me "I could"

Then there are the Elders and Preachers at our church, ever supportive, always willing to jump in and lend a hand. I have been at churches before where Elders and Preachers have a hands off approach and just say yes or no to whatever decisions may need to be made, not at my church. The Elders are so encouraging and so engaged in seeing true spiritual growth from the congregation. Our ministers are inspiring, to hear them speak they make the Bible come to life, they make you want to be a better Christian.

And lastly are Greg and I's beloved friends, man they are worker bees. These are mom's and dad's just like us willing to give it their all. Ready to jump in and do WHATEVER is needed. It is awesome to work alongside these amazing families and to raise our children with them. I have to say that I firmly believe that through VBS in the month of July we have truly bonded.

So, why post about this, most of the people I go to church with don't even read my blog...no body really reads it, I don't think I have any followers, but our theme for VBS was the Fruit of the Spirit. Galatians 5: 22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


So to me these fruits speak volumes to my duty as a wife and mother. I need to show love, have joy (in all that I do), exude peace, demonstrate patience, be kind, be good, be faithful, show gentleness, and exhibit self-control. If I can show these to my boys, then they will pick these up and our world, our home, will be a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment