Psalms 33:12--Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance.
I have always been the patriotic type, I still get chills when I hear "God Bless the USA" and I love to celebrate our freedoms as Americans. On this day, I like to stop and think of all those who have served and worked so very hard for the freedom we have today.
One thing that has always given me those, "I'm proud to be an American" chills is at the beginning of every school year in my school district. We have a beginning of the year teacher meeting, all of the district employees gather for a day of professional development, new teachers are announced and the Director of Schools makes an opening statement about the year to come, but to start it all off, boy and girl scouts bring in the flag and the Pledge of Allegiance is said. It gives me chills for a gym full of teachers, administrators, support staff, custodians, cafeteria servers, etc., people that make a difference in the lives of tomorrow's leaders, all stand and say the pledge, it just moves me.
We are so blessed to live in the country in which we live, yet so often we forget to be thankful for every freedom we have because in a moment it could all be gone.
God Bless The USA
by Lee Greenwood
If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I'd worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I'd worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I'd thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.
That I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
And I'm proud to be and American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
I will never forget as a child going to Stone Mountain in Georgia for a fireworks show, as the show came to a close this song was played and you could hear the members of the audience yell out as their part of the country was called, but more importantly we were all united in knowing that we ARE Americans and we are proud of that. So as you go about your day today, please remember to thank God for all of our freedom's as Americans, pray for those freedoms continue, and pray that His hand will continue to guide our country. God Bless the USA.
No comments:
Post a Comment