So what prompted me to pick up the blog today, a jog...or something that resembled a jog.
My boys are runners they always have been, they love to run, they run to church, they run to school, they run at school, they run at soccer, these kids LOVE to run. Where in their genetics they got that love to run is beyond me. I am one of those people that has always said, "if you see me running, you should run too because someone is after me." All of that aside, it is a wonderful healthy habit that they both have developed because of a wonderful running program at their school. I love it, I encourage it, and hey, I give it a try from time to time.
Today and the past few days, I have been helping my runners prepare to run in the Jovenes en Camino Fiesta 5K. I run/walk/jog/gasp for air with them, because what kind of mom would I be if I just let my 6 year old and 8 year old take off on a 3 mile jog?
As I was running, gasping for air, and praying my body didn't go into shock, I was thinking about what we were training for a 5K to benefit children we have never met and know very little about...but all of that is about to change.
In Mark, Jesus commands us to "go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Well a dear friend of ours, works with Jovenes en Camino in Honduras. He is taking a group of men from our church on a mission trip to Jovenes for Spring Break and my husband has made the commitment to go on this trip. I am so excited for him and the opportunities that lie ahead of him. The boys are excited, they decided that they wanted to run the 5K for the boys that dad will be visiting while in Honduras. Yay! They support their daddy!
So on my adventure this morning, I started think about the trip and all that there is to do. Aggghhh so much to do. Raise funds for the project the men will be working on (we have already done 2 car washes, a garage sale, and bake sale), raise funds for Greg's personal trip (1300.00--we are a quarter of the way there), pray for Greg to get the right week off plus a personal day(vacation time with Coke is quite particular), get a passport (getting the appointment for this was an adventure in and of itself), and hey have I mentioned that Greg has NEVER flown before. Yep, first time on a plane and he flies into one of the most difficult places to land/ take-off on earth. Volunteers for people to hold his hand during landing now accepted (if no one is willing to step forward then I am sure my dad, who is also going on the trip will gladly volunteer).
Matthew 6:25-34 clearly states this:
What an amazing father we have in heaven, telling us not to worry. Trust in him, his righteousness, and he will provide. Thank you father, my faith is in YOU and in YOU alone.
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
What an amazing father we have in heaven, telling us not to worry. Trust in him, his righteousness, and he will provide. Thank you father, my faith is in YOU and in YOU alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment