Don't get me wrong, it is not that I don't love my kids. I do. I just don't do good with down time and neither does my oldest. We both seem to function better on a schedule, yet summer begs to be un-schedulable. Down time just gives him time to get in trouble and me time to want to be lazy. How do we find balance, how do we make it work, how do we survive the next 6 weeks?
The Bible seems to have many things to say about time but my favorite has always been in Ecclesiastes 3
1. To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2. A time to be born, and a time to die; and a time to pick up what has been planted; 3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7. A time to mend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silent, and a time to speak; 8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
How do I teach my son to take the down time we have been given in the summer and simply enjoy it, embrace it and allow God's purpose to unfold? How do I continue to push myself to be the example God wants me to be, to take this time and just enjoy, embrace, and allow them to be little.
No comments:
Post a Comment