Ahhhh, sleep. I have never felt so tired in my entire life. After a wonderful date night with the love of my life Sat. night, I could not sleep. So at 3 A.M., I was still wide awake. So I vowed Sunday morning not to take my ritualistic Sunday afternoon nap (yes that is in the Bible, 1 Opinions) Anyhow, I kept my afternoon busy, lunch with the family, shopping for VBS, running errands, and then met everyone else at church at 6:00.
As I was sitting in my Sunday night ladies class (thank goodness for these ladies, they are amazing) it hit me. I was exhausted. I yawned thirty times in 45 minutes, I thought for sure as the boys and I went to the car that I would pass out the moment I walked in the door. No such luck.
Dinner had to be made. Check. Boys needed to be put to bed. Check. Finally, love of my life (LOML) and I could go to bed. We get to bed. Thirty minutes pass, an hour, two hours, oh no...not again.
Finally around 11:00 I must have drifted off. I awoke this morning feeling very well rested and with an amazing need to get things accomplished. Add to it the fact that the boys (who usually wake up at 6AM) slept until 7:30 and 8:30. Whew. Peacefulness. We are all well rested.
So why is it that I can't sleep. My eternal weakness, worry. I lay in bed at night worrying about things that are not important. Sometimes I think I lay in bed worrying about worrying. I know I shouldn't. I know it is not in my control, yet I continue down the path of worry.
Matthew 6: 25-27
“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?
Oh Lord help me to put my trust in you. As Max Lucado said, "No one can worry and pray at the same time." Tonight I will say my prayers, cast my worries aside, and sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment