Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lazy Saturday

So, I don't mean to brag...but my husband rocks! Every Saturday, he wakes up early and takes the boys to breakfast allowing me to sleep in, have some alone time, and sleep in some more. It is such a gift. After about an hour they all return home and the craziness, loudness, and chaos resumes but for that hour or so I can just BE STILL.

Psalm 46:10--Be still and know that I am God.

How often in life do I actually take that time? Not often enough. And how do I teach my children to be content with being still? In this computer crazed, video game, iPhone world in which we live, being still is not easy. Taking the time to embrace the silence of a not so silence world is not an easy task, but as Christians I believe that we are called to do just that. We must rise to the challenge and find time to BE STILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment