Tuesday, November 15, 2011
How quickly time flies!
It seems as if only yesterday that I wrote the blog before this yet we are quickly approaching 2 years. It feels as if my life is a constant whirlwind. We never slow down, instead of the Ofam we are the GO fam. Yet something's in life make you slow down,make you take a moment to take in every moment you have, cherrish each moment with your children and literally fall to your knees and beg God to let you live to raise your children. This is one of those weeks, yes the house is a MESS, yes I am coaching middle school soccer, yes I am still working 60 hour weeks in a high pressure job (and yes, I am still a teacher), yes my children keep me on my toes, yes i am still me and we are still we, but in the midst of it all there has been a great loss. A family friend, at the age of 41, died Sat. Night and all I can find myself thinking about is her poor children and the fact that they no longer have their mother. It has consumed me, I lay awake worrying about it, I can't have a conversation without bringing it up, and then I think to myself, these worries, these fears I have for these children, for their future, and although I care deeply for these children I know that they have the greatest advocate they could ever need wrapping their arms all around them at this time and forever. God. How can I let such a simple answer escape me? How can I allow worry to consume me? So I turn to my refuge in times like this---- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Philippians 4:6 NIV) Why do I feel compelled to worry, all I have to do is to turn it over to the one who is, has, and will always be in charge...GOD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment